The adult puzzle, a hybrid!
The origin of the puzzle is not exact but it dates back several hundred years. Today more considered as a relaxing game (but is also educational) it is a hybrid between puzzles and construction games. Puzzles and especially tangrams are also considered puzzles!
The Chinese wooden puzzle remains the best known but many other collections of puzzles exist in terms of different shapes, sizes and materials. Their difficulty level is also very variable, ranging from easy to impossible, let's be clear! An original gift for any occasion and for those who like to take on challenges.
We will see below the benefits and different games for adults but a special collection has also been created for children to provide them with real thinking toys .
Recognized health benefits
According to several studies, it has been found that people who regularly participate in puzzles (words, numbers or pieces) have a sharper brain. The more often they play puzzles, the more their brain function improves. In fact, this type of game directly appeals to logic and thinking in both adults and children.This suggests that mentally stimulating activities may help delay the onset of neural symptoms.
The adult puzzle, like the puzzle, has recognized benefits for people's health but also their intellectual level.Below are some of these benefits:
✅ Improved short-term memory
Working on a puzzle strengthens connections between brain cells, improves mental speed and is an effective way to improve short-term memory.
✅ Sharp reasoning and logic
Puzzles and brain teasers are intended to exercise your brain. The greater the difficulty, the more your brain works. These games in particular apply both sides of the brain (logical and creative) which is rarely the case in our daily activities! Activating different parts of your brain, helping you sharpen your critical and analytical thinking.
✅ Relax more easily
Although it is tempting to relax by watching TV or reading on a tablet, the body must avoid screen time before going to bed. The puzzle provides a much better opportunity to relax, making it easier to fall asleep and turn off properly.
It is important to add that mental challenges are healthy and necessary for our brain
The price of these wooden logic games remains very affordable and seems a very good investment given all the benefits provided! This can also be a very original gift idea with boxes of several games available.
Quality/price/difficulty/benefit ratio is unbeatable!
The Chinese wooden rockstar puzzle
In the world of puzzles it is impossible not to mention the Chinese wooden puzzle which is available in ten small games (cube, ball, star, box, puzzle) for which the difficulty is always higher! You will need to be patient.
Do you like challenges? Here is a non-exhaustive list of puzzles for adults =
- The star wooden puzzle (Level 2/5) - Superb geometric shape representing a wooden star which is made up of 6 identical wooden blocks. Arm yourself with a little logic and, above all, a lot of patience for a puzzle of lower difficulty, you should be able to do it after a few hours!
- The wooden cube puzzle (Level 4/5) - Also called soma cube, it is one of the most popular on this list and one of the most difficult. To solve this little wooden cube, don't look for the solution on the Internet but rather test your logic!
- The pyramid puzzle (Level 2/5) - It takes you to the ancient Egyptian discoveries with its pyramidal shape and the mystery that surrounds it in its resolution. You will have to be clever but its difficulty is less.
- The wooden ball puzzle (Level 3/5) - A sphere made up of 12 pieces which will undoubtedly give you knots in your brain! You will first need to find the key to dismember this wooden ball. But be careful to remember the model!
- The cross puzzle (Level 2/5) - Also called The Carpenter's Cross, it is very popular and one of the oldest. These 6 pieces will give you long moments of concentration and reflection.
- ball puzzle
- secret puzzle box
- bottle puzzle
- string puzzle
- headache to unravel
- metal headbreaker (unlocking, assembly, disassembly)
- mathematical puzzle
- the tangram
Board games in general:
board games used as puzzles and brain games offer a fun experience that stimulates the mind and memory. These games often require strategic planning, anticipation of opponent moves, and problem solving. Players must make informed decisions, weigh different options and foresee the consequences of their actions. This stimulates cognitive abilities such as working memory, spatial memory and visual memory.
In addition, these games also challenge episodic memory by asking players to remember specific information, such as the rules of the game or previous actions performed by themselves or by other players. By playing these board games regularly, individuals can improve their cognitive skills and strengthen their memory in a fun and social way.
A gift or a simple desire to exercise intellectually, there is no doubt that you will find the wooden puzzle that suits you! For children but also for adults, this relaxing but also educational game is a MUST!